Tuesday, July 21, 2009

WhAt GoEs Up...MuSt CoMe DoWn

So on Wednesday June 17th, we decided to go Rollerblading-Tasha, Britt, Sarah and I. We drove up to Snow Canyon Parkway and parked the Linc. We got out and put on our BlAdEs!! We started up the slight incline of the Hill-at the time we dint think of that being a problem, but only thinking of the workout we will get---especially the Gluts! We reached the top...then started back down. Tasha started us off, then Sarah, then Britt then myself. I wanted to be in the back just in case anyone fell down- I could be there to help. I was just hoping and praying that we would all make it down--next thing I know I was skidding down the asphalt on back side of my R thigh and butt. Britt bladed back up the hill to help- She told my "HOLD STILL- DON'T MOVE". I knew I didn't break anything- I knew my skin was gone cause when I looked back up the trail I saw my blood and skin smeared on the asphalt. I'm not going to lie- I was crying. My leg was throbbing and stinging. We got to Tasha's house and cleaned out the gravel, then when we got home we did another cleaning--but with Hydrogen Peroxide. Oh My--thats all I'm going to say!

The Dressing Change- the night it happened!

Triple Antibiotic Ointment
Good Ole Adaptic


Getting Ready to apply the ABD pad


A very Awkward Position

The morning after


I swear it's my thigh....haha


The Bulky Dressing


The Beloved Dressing Change

6 comments:

Court and Jill said...

Holy crap...OUCH!!! I hope you are healing!

Blake and Lacy said...

Wow! That had to be painful! It made my legs hurt just looking at it...

Red Rock Motors Inc. said...

It's probably a good thing I wasn't there because I probably would have done the same dumb thing. Hope you guys are doing good! Tell everyone hi for me.

Rob O said...

OUCH! Tiela Bice crashed her longboard and looks about as bad. You gals need to be careful.

Nick Paige Josh & Lexy said...

Wow - cute bum! :) I'm glad you are all healed up now! and - that you had a ton of supplies to dress your wound!

Sarai Stones said...

Ahh Britt I can totally see you being the rescuer! Miss your guts! That looks like a nasty owie! Hope it's all better now!